Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sleepless in Studio City "Terminating Ruminating" feat. Cathy Segal-Garcia/Josh Nelson

DrDebzz Opening Shpiel: Does ruminating keep you sleepless? Are you one of the multitudes hooked on sleeping pills, feeding the pocketbooks of drug companies? DrDebzz suggests tools for taming the ruminator within, e.g. focused meditation, gratitude journaling, affirmations, mirror work, rewiring your brain by turning negative thoughts into positivity. 

Are you a "know it all" or are you receptive to learning? Are you willing to get back to the innocence of a newborn, trusting the universe, open to soaking up the endless knowledge awaiting your consumption?

In the words of the great T.S. Eliot: "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”

Weekly WOW(Words of Wisdom): A Quero Apache Prayer: Looking behind I am filled with gratitude. Looking forward I am filled with vision. Looking upwards I am filled with strength. Looking within I discover peace. 

Guest Caller Wendy from Woodland Hills - I’m so worried about what’s going on in our country right that it’s keeping me up every night.  I try to stay busy but at the end of the day, the fear creeps back in.  I’m also trying to help my daughter deal with the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting since she was in the crossfire of it all.

Write in question from Walter in Atlanta:  I’m insatiable and one woman doesn’t do it for me.  Multiple lovers has been my path.  I’m still waiting for the one but maybe I should resign myself to the fact that I’m not destined for monogamy.

Confidence Boosters:  All is well in my world. Everything is working out for the highest good of myself and all those I care about. I am in the process of positive change. It is safe to look within. Deep at the center of my being is an infinite well of love.

I am loved and I am at peace. I am greeted by love wherever I go. I am at home in my body. I trust my intuition. I am willing to listen to that still small voice within.  

Featured artist, jazz vocalist Cathy Segal Garcia, performs “I Love You” accompanied by master pianist, Josh Nelson. Cathy relays how jazz is under appreciated in the industry and why it's crucial to promote and support the genre. “If you closed your eyes, you might think Cathy was a highly evolved horn player.” “A model of warm, exquisitely focused jazz vocalizing…sensuous voice and cool harmonies.” “When the Sirens in the days of ancient Greece, enticed sailors with their song, at least one of them must have sounded like the clear, cool perfectly pitched Segal-Garcia voice.” Read more on the multi-talented singer, composer, producer, educator at cathysegalgarcia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleepless In Studio City - Robin Oherin

https://archive.org/details/sleepless-in-studio-city-robin-oherin