Saturday, October 7, 2017

Sleepless in Studio City "Acquiring a Flair for Fighting Fair" feat. Aquarius

DrDebzz Opening Shpiel: Acquiring a flair for fighting fair is crucial in maintaining a healthy connection. In fact, it’s vital in any relationship. Bear in mind - It’s not about winning or who’s right or wrong, but how you play the game. What’s fundamental is remaining respectful, reasonable, worthy, and admirable at all costs. Resolving conflict in a beneficial manner can only work to solidify rather than fracture any union.

Guest Caller Deb from Austin Texas: I’m recently divorced and feeling disillusioned that I won’t ever find love or be able to trust again. I’m afraid I’ll be judged as undesirable after having several failed marriages.

Write in question from Todd in Canyon Country: I'm an old fashioned guy back in the dating world after a while. the other night I took a nice woman to dinner but she refused to let me pay. when I went to kiss her good night, she turned her cheek. I was just trying to polite and proper.  What's the protocol these days?

A meditation for Building Self Esteem:
No person place or thing has any power over me unless I give it for I am the only thinker in my mind.
I have immense freedom in that I can choose what to think.
I can choose to see life in positive ways instead of complaining or being mad at myself or other people.
Complaining about what I do not have is one way to handle a situation, but it does not change anything.
When I love myself and find myself in the midst of a negative situation, I can say something such as "I am willing to release the pattern in my consciousness that contributed to this condition."
I have made negative choices in the past, but this does not mean that I am a bad person, nor am I stuck with these negative choices.
I release old judgments and love myself unconditionally. 

Featured artist is Aquarius, the rock cover band, who adopted the theme song from the musical, HAIR, as its clarion call. The members personify the most iconic superstars of the Summer of Love - David Abercrombie (Country Joe); Connie Early (Janis Joplin/Grace Slick); Gerald Davis (Sly Stone/Jimi Hendrix); Ron Olsson (Bob Dylan/John Fogerty); Dennis Napolitano (hippie dude); and Brian Wood (Stoney Munchalot) 

A majority of the songs from the late 60’s and early 70’s that Aquarius performs are still socially and politically relevant today with themes of peace, freedom, and equality. Their signature opening tune is “Get Together” by the Youngbloods, reminding us how history repeats itself and that we all need to take an active role in affecting positive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleepless In Studio City - Robin Oherin

https://archive.org/details/sleepless-in-studio-city-robin-oherin