Friday, August 11, 2017

Sleepless in Studio City Siobhan Carmean "Sunlight & Water"

DrDebzz Opening Shpiel: How not to take things personally (as referenced by Don Miguel Ruiz in The Four Agreements) Remember it’s not about you, it’s about them and their history/herstory, no matter how abberrant the behavior is. In fact, the more outrageous the actions are, the more deeply wounded the perpetrator is. However, compassion doesn’t denote tolerance.  It’s adamant you set boundaries and protect yourself from the irreparable harm caused by verbal emotional and physical abuse. Closing Shpiel: Breaking the cycle is not a spectator sport.  It’s up to you to prevent verbal violence in your own home and in turn, save the planet from global disintegration. Now is the best time to begin.

Singer Songwriter Siobhan Carmean performs an original tune, “Sunlight and Water” from her new CD entitled Sing it Away, featuring Red Young on keyboards; Steve Gilmore on electric bass; John Milham on drums; Billy Watts on guitar; Lon Price on saxophones; and Terry Landry on Baritone Sax.

Siobhan offers advice for aspiring artists and reveals what she thinks is the key to finding and keeping love. Catch her LIVE on September 6th at the Guitar Merchant in Canoga Park.

Guest Caller Anita Robles: I wish there were more places in LA to meet single men who are sensitive to the music scene. As an independent Latin jazz singer, most guys I encounter are jealous that I spend many nights performing at clubs. I’m looking for someone secure enough in themselves not to be possessive of my time.

Write in question from Kathleen in Lake Balboa:  My boyfriend says negative things about me and makes fun of me in front of others. When I tell him how hurtful it is he apologizes and says he won’t do it again but it keeps happening.  I’m afraid to go anywhere with him in public.  I don’t know if I should break up with him because he’s sweet and kind when we’re alone.

Weekly Confidence Booster/Esteem Builder:  You are the designer of your destiny.  You are the author.  You write the story.  The pen is in your hand, and the outcome is whatever you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleepless In Studio City - Robin Oherin

https://archive.org/details/sleepless-in-studio-city-robin-oherin